How are we going to keep the kids entertained at fforest Gather?
fforest Gather have a full line-up of activities to keep busy minds, fingers and limbs active all week. Here are just some of the activities they can have a go at during the day:
• Go straight to the top of the class, literally, technical tree climbing with ropes
• Learn how to make and use natural dyes
• Connect with nature and learn woodland crafts in a forest school
• Make a poster in a traditional letterpress workshop
• Join the family for a paddle along the Teifi gorge in a Canadian canoe
• Get top tips on drawing from brilliant bird illustrator, Matt Sewell
• Forage for the materials to build a woodland den
• Listen to the fforestchief’s ghost stories
• Make instruments to play in our woodland orchestra & be a part of the mass drumming workshop
House of Fairy Tales will have their own HoFT kingdom offering workshops throughout the day every day. Escape to a land of costumes, characters and puppets. Make, draw, write, play and tell stories – an imaginative space just for our younger guests.
Learn to print on a letterpress machine with Nick Hand, draw birds with Matt Sewell and join in with a massive collaborative screenprint with Lex from Feather Studios!
If this hasn’t tired our younger guests out by the end of the day, they’ll love toasting marshmallows around the giant firepit and dancing to the live music before you have to drag them off to bed.